Top 5 Global Recruiting Trends Per LinkedIn Survey
Social Networking, mobile media, and data are driving the recruitment and talent acquisition process to new means for meeting short- and long-term employment objectives according to the 2013 Global Recruiting Trends Report from Linkedin. The top 5 trends are:
- Social professional networks are the fastest growing source of quality hires. The 2011 survey showed 20% of participating recruiters indicating social networks as their best source for “quality candidates”, then up to 26% in 2012 and now in 2013 up to 37%.
- 82% of participants in 2013 believe the employer brand has a significant impact on the ability to hire great talent. Therefore employers are concentrating on being more proactive in managing content and conversations about their reputations on company collateral material (online and print), career pages on company websites and throughout legacy (offline) and social (online) media.
- An average of 23% believes their companies manage data well for making decisions regarding talent acquisition. Globally the use of data goes from a low of 14% utilization in the Nordics to a high of 52% in India. U.S. and China tie for a “close to average use” of 22%. Other countries in the survey: UK, Australia, Germany and Netherlands each at 15%, Italy – 16%, France – 19%, Brazil and Spain – 17%, Canada – 29%, Southeast Asia – 37%.
- Internal hiring/transfers are increasing compared to last year with 46% of companies increasing their internal recruitment in 2013 vs. 2012, 8% seeing a decrease and 46% at the same level as last year.
- 87% of participants surveyed believe they have not yet invested adequately in making their recruiting process mobile friendly.
Shaker Recruitment Advertising & Communications can help your company utilize these types of tactics for creating comprehensive recruitment programs including the use of other options for meeting your hiring objectives and maintaining the articulation and visibility of your employer brand.
For more information and guidance, consult with a Shaker Account Executive.