Millennials Relocating To Markets With Jobs
If you are seeking Millennials as a preferred hiring target, you might want to consider adding a facility in Arlington County, Virginia.
According to realtytrac.com, Arlington County, Virginia is top choice for relocation for people born between the early 1980’s and the early 2000’s.
RealtyTrac analyzed Census population data between 2007 and 2013 in more than 1,800 counties nationwide to determine which markets are seeing the biggest shifts in the millennial population. The analysis further focused in on the top 10 counties for increases and decreases for this prized demographic group.
The millennial generation is generally moving from lower-priced to higher-priced markets for both buying and renting, with the tradeoff being more jobs and lower unemployment in those markets and higher median incomes.
Top markets where millennials are moving:
1. Arlington County, Va. (D.C. metro area) – 82% increase
2. Alexandria City, Va. – 81% increase
3. Orleans Parish, La. (New Orleans metro area) – 71% increase
4. San Francisco County, Calif. – 68% increase
5. Denver County, Colo. – 57% increase
Millennials are moving away from counties with a smaller population (average 178,277) to counties with a larger population (average 587,522).
Top markets losing millennials:
1. Fayette County, Ga. (Atlanta metro area) – 31% decrease
2. Citrus County, Fla. – 27% decrease
3. El Dorado County, Calif. (Sacramento metro area) – 25% decrease
4. Yavapai County, Ariz. – 23% decrease
5. St. Clair County, Mich. (Detroit metro area) – 22% decrease