Engineering, Software Development and Programming Positions Projected To Have Biggest Salary Increases In 2014
Robert Half projects that salaries will grow, on average, 3.7% in 2014. But jobs in engineering, software development and programming positions will see increases of nearly 8%.
For their new 2014 Salary Guide, Robert Half polled 1,000 recruiters in 240 offices across the country. The company puts out guides covering more than 700 jobs in various fields, including accounting/finance, technology, legal, creative and administrative.
The 10 jobs with the greatest expected salary gains are all related to software development and computer science. The jobs are:
- Pre-Sales Engineer: 8.40%
- Mobile Applications Developer: 7.80%
- Software Developer: 7.70%
- Software Engineer: 7.50%
- User Experience Designer: 7.50%
- Business Intelligence Analyst: 7.40%
- Data Architect: 7.20%
- Wireless Network Engineer: 7.00%
- Network Engineer: 6.90%
The jobs with the smallest gains will be administrative jobs and legal positions. No salaries seem to be decreasing into the negative area for 2014.
For five broad work sectors, Robert Half is projecting the following increases in 2014:
- Technology: 5.6%
- Accounting & Finance: 3.4%
- Creative & Marketing: 3.3%
- Administrative & Office Support: 3.3%
- Legal: 2.7%